Friday, April 10, 2009

Pot vs. Pain

Apparently a new referendum passed in Michigan in November allows people to use marijuana for medicinal purposes. The article I read about it quotes a woman who was so affected by fibromyalgia, she now "smokes 3-4 joints a day." The recent news story included this comment:

The Cass, Van Buren and Berrien County health departments' Medical Director Dr. Rick Johansen said a lot of local doctors don’t support the new law.

“I really am worried about the slippery slope,” he said. “Will there be more marijuana use by others because of the start of this?”

I agree. I've personally seen people go from "Oh it's just a joint every now and then" to hardcore drug use, which included theft among other crimes to support the habit.

Not me. I'll choose pain.

See the full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment